December 2007 Volume One Issue Five
- The Ladies - Elizabeth Bear I'm not convinced history didn't happen just this way; The Ladies is a subtle story, marked with Bear's deft word-smithing and wry sense of humor.
- And Now Abideth These Three - Sherwood Smith It's always tricky to describe any Sherwood Smith tale -- luminous is always the first word that comes to my mind, and this story absolutely glows. First published in Realms of Fantasy, in 1998, slightly edited.
- Marsdog - Beth Bernobich A romping homage to some of SF's classics, with a flavor all her own.
- The Heart of Winter - Emily M. Z. Carlyle A tale for a long winter's night by the fire. This is one of those breathtaking and lovely stories that fairly demands to be read aloud to a rapt audience.
- Last Star - J. M. McDermott A strong, sure, fast-moving story of the end of everything -- and the beginning.
- Lighthouse at the Edge of the Universe - C. A. Casey An engaging nautical tale about skirting the treacherous shoals of the far future.
- Hobgoblin Crush - Maria Deira Twisted good fun.